Friday 25 June 2021

Be Cycle Safe!

 

Over the past couple of weeks, our Year 6 students have been involved in the Cycle Safe programme. This is where they get to bring their bikes and helmets to school and a team of teachers from The Christchurch City Council come to school to teach our kids.

Cycle Safe is a cycle skills education programme for schools. Our students get to learn the benefits of cycling and how to ride with confidence and be road-wise.

Christchurch's Cycle Safe Programme is considered one of the best in the country and is used as a leading delivery model. All children receive a personalised certificate highlighting their personal achievements.

The programme our children were involved with this year included;

Cycle maintenance and correct helmet fitting

Basic cycling skills

Road rules

On-road cycling.

Although very cold and a bit wet this year, we watched our year 6 students thriving out on the roads. It was so awesome to see so many bringing their bikes to school and enjoying the outdoor learning!

Have you done the cycle safe programme? What did you think about it?

Well done Korimako! We are super proud of you!

Source: photo from Mrs Atkinson

3 comments:

  1. this must of been fun i'm jayden from mangapapa school remember to be safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice remember to comment on any of my activities and remember to follow its jaydenr@mangapapa.school.nz ok everyone okay by

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora. My name is Ender and I attend Mangapapa School in Gisborne, Tairāwhiti.
    Hope you stay safe on the road and don't get run over safe travels. How many of you are biking or scootering?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post