Thursday 10 June 2021

Sensational Cybersmart

Over this term, Korimako has been lucky enough to have Sharon with us from Manaiakalani to teach us how to be safe online and to take care of our devices.

Our main focus for this term has been our digital footprint and learning about whatever goes online stays online forever. Korimako children have been learning to have a positive digital footprint, through the contents of:

Being a media detective: Private v's personal information. How private is your personal information, and how can you ensure it remains private. Finding things online and identifying them as safe and not safe.

Savvy sharing: SISOMO - effective advertisements using sight, sound, and motion. Making sure we are responsible for what we are sharing and showing online.

Social media: Learning the terms of each service, what you are paying for and how they use your personal information.

As well of course learning to make a quality blog post and how to use their email correctly.

Overall, we have learned so much from Sharon, and our Korimako tamariki are well set up to be safe, smart, independent learners online!!!

What does being cyber smart mean for you? Do you know how to identify when something online is unsafe for you?




Sources: Sharon from manaiakalani, Manaiakalani site. Mr Bell for photos in the hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post