Wednesday 19 May 2021

Lights, Camera, Action!

 This week Korimako have been lucky enough to have some amazing actors from The Court Theatre come in to put us through our acting paces.

We started with a dance off to warm ourselves up. This was a great opportunity to showcase some of our epic moves. Then we moved into an animal game, this was where you and the person next to you were given an animal and had to act it out. The best animal impression won the round!

Students were then put into groups and had to create shapes with their bodies, the challenge with this is they had to do it in silence! There was everything from an electric toothbrush, rocket ship, a storm, a school bus and a shark. It was awesome to see some great facial expressions with this activity.

Finally, we finished up the lesson with a tongue twister to work on our diction. The challenge was to see how many times we could say 'Irish wrist watch' in 30 seconds. How many times can you say this tongue twister correctly?

Overall it was a great day that all the students and teachers thoroughly enjoyed. Check out some of the photos and videos below!






No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post